HHRF Innovation Research Grants will foster research focused on new ideas that have strong potential for a meaningful impact to bridge the gaps in our understanding of horse-human interactions. The goal of the program is to advance our scientific understanding of the relationship between horses and humans and their role in contributing to the wellness of people.
The goal is to connect practice with scientific knowledge through supporting the development of innovative research with high-impact potential that might not be funded through traditional channels. Our intent is to stimulate exploration, encourage the testing of hypotheses, and generate preliminary data that will open new pathways for future research.
- Innovation: The project concept should be original and innovative. It could challenge existing paradigms, present an innovative hypothesis, or address a critical barrier that exists in the field. A qualified project will develop or employ novel concepts, approaches, methodologies, tools, or technologies.
- Significance: The project should address an important problem directly related to the study of horse-human interaction and/or the impact of horses on the wellness of people. If the aims of the application are achieved, scientific knowledge or clinical practice should be significantly impacted. A qualified study will have a positive impact on the concepts, methods, and technologies that drive this field.
- Approach: The conceptual framework, design, methods of the study should be clearly developed to ensure successful achievement of the intended goals of the project. Potential problem areas should be acknowledged and corresponding alternative tactics included.
- Investigator: The Principal investigator and/or the research team should be appropriately trained and reflect the experience needed to carry out this work.
- Environment: The research environment should not only contribute to the probability of success, it should also reflect the highest related safety and quality standards. There should be clear evidence of availability of all resources or collaborations needed to support project’s success.
- Impact: How does this project relate to and support the mission of HHRF? Through investment in rigorous research, Horses and Humans Research Foundation will serve as a catalyst to advance knowledge of horses and their potential to impact the health and wellness of people.
Proposals are encouraged from all disciplines that may contribute to our understanding of horses and their potential to impact the health and wellness of people. These include but are not limited to biological, behavioral, medical, epidemiological, psychological, clinical and multidisciplinary investigations.
Letter of Intent Guidelines
Note: We are not accepting any Innovative grant LOI’s at this time.